Ask me about layaway for items in my shop if this would work for you.
PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION. Brother does not ship free anymore - I will get a quote from them since buyers' locations are all different and a quote will be specific to you. I will then add the shipping to your order and send an invoice for the difference.
Wow, talk about fiber preparation made easy! This carder has an exceptionally powerful motor to enable fleece and sliver to be carded easily and quickly, for the production carder. Brother makes the widest selection of drum carders and the lowest prices in the world and they use the highest quality carding cloth on all of their drum carders and blending boards. We manufacture all of our products in the USA.
Check out the all inclusive Accessory Kit (sold separately and listed in the drop down options box) for these carders:
- Our Baby Brother Drum Carder produces an ultra thick 5x22" batt and is excellent for creating roving and fun art batts. Like our Standard model, it was designed to be very simple, yet solid and the most affordable Carder on the market!
- Weighing just under 7 pounds, it is easy and convenient to carry around.
- Has extra long 5/8" long teeth which are made of a hardened and highly tempered steel wire that is remarkable for its longevity and uniformity. This cloth is roving fillet and has been specifically designed for "art batts". The longer teeth, in 72 TPI, and with the special tooth pattern is best suited and specifically designed to allow the user to experience maximum versatility. The special fabrication and design of the cloth makes it ideal for handling a wide range of materials; normal fleeces, and not so normal fun additives; feathers, bits of cloth, etc.
- It has a 5:1 ratio.
- Built from unfinished hemlock wood. A finish may be easily added.
- Frame is 18" long, height is 9" tall and 8" wide minus the handle which adds 4".
- Comes completely assembled.
- Includes instructions.
- Brush attachment, clamps and doffer are sold separately.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty as with all our carders.
- Hand made in USA.
- If you’re looking for an inexpensive yet solid Drumcarder, this is for you! Our Standard model was designed to be simple and the most affordable Carder on the market. We offer 5 cloth density (TPI) types to card all Fibers and Wools. See our FAQ page for info selecting the right cloth.
- The Brother Standard model features:
- Interchangeable drums are available and are easily switched out with a screwdriver.
- Produces a 9" x 22" batt.
- Nylon bushings for a smooth and quiet operation.
- Frame is 12" wide and 24" long and total height is 9" and weighs 10 pounds.
- The teeth on our cloth are a hardened and highly tempered steel wire that is remarkable for its longevity and uniformity and are 1/2" long for thick batts.
- The ratio between the licker and the swift are 5:1.
- Packer Brush attachment, Clamps and Doffer are also available and sold separately.
- The Licker-in drum is always a coarser cloth than the swift, example: a fine cloth carder (120tpi) has a 90tpi licker in drum.
- For upgrading to motorized we will buy back your manual carder for a $250 credit towards the motorized carder.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Choose model and cloth from options list. Accessory kit also in available drop down options.